The Cronbach alpha can be used to determine the reliability of the instrument being used, and the consistency of the program. Do you think the more of participants can be compared to fewer participants in this study? A “high” value for alpha does not imply that the measure is unidimensional, and you must provide evidence that the scale in question is unidimensional, additional analyses can be performed (What Does Cronbach’s Alpha Mean? | SPSS FAQ, n.d.).
What does Cronbach’s alpha mean? | SPSS FAQ. (n.d.). https://stats.oarc.ucla.edu/spss/faq/what-does-cronbachs-alpha-mean/
Week 2 Measurement
Course Code & Name
Week 2 Measurement
How many participants (including yourself) did you have? What is the number (alpha coefficient) that you get?
There were four participants including myself. The scale reliability statistical results of the Cronbach's α number was 0.00 (R Core Team, 2021).
What does this analysis tell you about how reliability is measured?
The Item Reliability Statistical Results for A to D was as follows:
· Mean: A (2.00), B (1.67), C (1.67), and D (1.67)
· Standard Deviation: A (1.000), B (0.577), C (1.155), and D (0.577)
· Item- Rest Correlation: A (0.500), B (-1.000), C (1.000), and D (0.189)
The reliability of the scale utilized in this study is doubtful at best due to its low Cronbach's coefficient, variable means, fluctuating standard deviations, and mixed item-rest correlations (The jamovi project, 2022). In order to guarantee the precision and consistency of measurement tools, this analysis emphasizes the significance of undertaking reliability assessments. The dependability of the scale must be increased in future studies, and this might be done through item revision, expanded participant recruitment, or exploration of alternate measuring strategies.
What might affect the reliability of a test?
There are a number of variables that can affect how trustworthy a test is. The clarity and thoroughness of the questions on the examinations play an important role. Unpredictable results and low reliability can result from items that are difficult to understand or interpret (Revelle, 2019). Having too few items on the exam may not be enough to accurately represent the construct being measured. Reliability can also be affected by participant-related factors including exhaustion, motivation, or a lack of focus or attention. Furthermore, the instructions provided, and the test setting can impact the reliability of results.
The jamovi project (2022). jamovi. (Version 2.3) [Computer Software]. Retrieved from https://www.jamovi.org.
R Core Team (2021). R: A Language and environment for statistical computing. (Version 4.1) [Computer software]. Retrieved from https://cran.r-project.org. (R packages retrieved from MRAN snapshot 2022-01-01).
Revelle, W. (2019). psych: Procedures for Psychological, Psychometric, and Personality Research. [R package]. Retrieved from https://cran.r-project.org/package=psych.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25