Choose one of the following topics from the unit Equal Protection: The Myth of Justice in Rereading America and write a detailed and persuasive essay. Use at least two quotes from the readings to support your ideas and document these quotes properly by using a documentation format. Your essay should be a minimum of 750 words, typed and double-spaced. Although you will just be turning in your final paper, I recommend that you do some prewriting and a rough draft. Please include a Works Cited page. Your Works Cited page can be on the last page of your essay if you have room, or it can be on a separate page.
1. Michelle Alexanders The New Jim Crow: Jim Crow was a minstrel figure who acted on racist stereotypes about Black people. During the time in which this racist caricature emerged, Black people lived in what became known as the Jim Crow era. Define and discuss the social and political dynamics of the original Jim Crow era in U.S. history that Alexander reveals.
2. Marcello M. Suarez-Orozco and Carola Suarez-Orozcos How Immigrants Become ?Other: If the decision were up to you, which of the immigrants named by the Suárez-Orozcos would you allow to stay in the United States legally? Would you grant green cards to all of them, some of them, or none of them? What is the rationale for your decision?
3. Christina Figueres and Tom Rivett-Carnacs Two Worlds: What aspects of the two future worlds described by the authors do you think humans have the least control over? The most control? Why?
4. Sheryll Cashins from Loving: Interracial Intimacy in America and the Threat to White Supremacy: In paragraph 7 Cashin stresses that Chief Justice Earl Warren viewed laws banning interracial marriage as motivated by the doctrine of White Supremacy. Why was it important for him to frame the Loving case this way instead of interpreting it as a matter of injustice or discrimination? What point was he trying to make?
5. Parker J. Palmers The Accidental Citizen: Oftentimes people relate matters of the heart as irrational or illogical while matters of the mind are perceived as logical or rational. Palmer claims he believes in the power of the human heart. Does his discussion of this belief undermine the legitimacy of his argument in this selection? Why or why not?
The correctness of your essay STRUCTURE is important. You will need to write an appropriate introduction, a clear thesis statement, a well-developed body, an appropriate conclusion, and a Works Cited page.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25