This assignment has a grading rubric, attached.
To learn how to apply SPCM to a process, continue the flowchart from Week 1 and identify variances within a process. You can find variances from the data identified in Week 1.
Complete the Week 2 Statistical Process Control Methods Worksheet, attached.
To begin, measure the entire process over 10-12 periods of time (days, months, years). Use time as your Metric.
Create a control chart including the baseline, upper control limits (UCL) and lower control limits (LCL).
NOTE: Feel free to use estimated time when real data is unavailable.
Submit your assignment using the Week 2 Statistical Process Control Methods Worksheet.
You may include your computations and graphs on the work sheet or attach them separately.
Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint®, Visio®, or Excel®
For online help in creating a control chart with upper control limits (UCL) and lower control limits (LCL) there are multiple websites that will walk you through the process. Search, How to create Control Charts.
Statistical Process Control Methods
Page 2 of 2
Evaluate your process using 1 of the following:
· Use the lean concept to find ways to eliminate waste and improve the process
· SPC or Six Sigma to reduce defects or variances in the process
<Write your evaluation here>
Complete the following in Excel:
· Calculate the defined process metrics including variation and process capability.
· Develop and display a control chart for the process.
Evaluate the control chart and process metrics using Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods. Determine whether the process could benefit from the use of Six Sigma, Lean, or other tools. (Include all calculation and charts.)
<Write your evaluation here>
Write a 700-word executive summary that includes the following:
· A summary of the Process Evaluation (using either Lean or SPC or Six Sigma)
· A summary of the Evaluation of Control Chart and Process metrics based on SPC methods
· A summary of your evaluation of whether the process would benefit from the use of Six Sigma, Lean, or other tools
· A description of the SPC project and recommendations for improvements
<Write your executive summary here>
Copyright 2020 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
|This template illustrates a Statistical Process Control (SPC) chart. A detailed discussion of SPC charts can be found at www.ASQ.org|
|Learn About Statistical Process Control|
|●||Select the correct subgroup size. When in doubt, select a subgroup size of one. Partial subgroups are not displayed.|
|●||Enter up to 200 data points in the cells provided. Do not enter values in the subgroup column. These cells update automatically to show the subgroup in which the data point is included.|
|Moving Range Chart|
|●||Identify any out of control conditions. Four tests are performed. Use the legend to identify the points corresponding to a particular test.|
|●||If a test looks for a proportion of points, only the offending point will be identified. For example, if eight points in a row are on one side of the centerline only the eighth point will be identified.|
|Learn More||●||If a point fails more than one test, only one color will be displayed.|
|To learn more about other quality tools, visit the ASQ Learn About Quality web site.|
|Learn About Quality|
|Three Sigma Limit||A single point outside the control limits|
|Two Sigma Limit||Two of three pts outside the two sigma limit|
|One Sigma Limit||Four of Five pts outside the one sigma limit|
|Average||Eight in a row on the same side of centerline|
|Control Chart Data|
|1.424||Xbar/IMR Chart Avg||10.076||Xbar one sigma Upper Limit||17.142||Rbar one sigma Upper Limit|
|9.7581||Range Chart Avg||18.728||Xbar two sigma Upper Limit||24.525||Rbar two sigma Upper Limit|
|8.650766415||Rbar/d2||27.38||Xbar three sigma Upper Limit||31.909||Rbar three sigma Upper Limit|
|125||Number of samples||-7.228||Xbar one sigma Lower Limit||2.3745||Rbar one sigma Lower Limit|
|1||Subgroup size||-15.88||Xbar two sigma Lower Limit||n/a||Rbar two sigma Lower Limit|
|125||Number of subgroups||-24.53||Xbar three sigma Lower Limit||n/a||Rbar three sigma Lower Limit|
|Sub Group||Data||Sub Group||Data||Sub Group||Data||Sub Group||Data||Sub Group||Data||Sub Group||Data||Sub Group||Data||Sub Group||Data|
Who We Are
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Do you handle any type of coursework?
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
Is it hard to Place an Order?
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25
March 22, 2023
March 22, 2023