writing discussion question
Mass incarcerationContains unread posts
Both the TEDx Talk by Michelle Alexander and the 13th documentary discuss the intersections of mass incarceration, deviance, social control, history, and race. These are definitely heavy topics to talk about, but they are incredibly important and timely. We won’t get to the chapter on race in our textbook for another few weeks, but I do know there is a large national conversation about race in America occurring right now. This is where sociological concepts and theories often intersect and interact with each other. Remember back to our understanding of social location. Here are some discussion questions:
How do Michelle Alexander and/or the 13th documentary characterize our criminal justice system and political institutions? I’m thinking of political as power-related here. How did these two videos shape your understanding of the prison system?
If you are American, do you remember any of the political policies being put into place that has led to a rise in the prison population? Who promoted these policies? If you live outside of the United States, what similarities and/or differences did you observe between the political policies of your country and what is happening in America as presented by 13th?
Any other questions, comments, thoughts, concerns?
Unread for topic Mass incarceration:(1)
View profile card for Madeline Gertsen
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25